Blu-ray discs gain the upper hand at showing the extremely high-quality picture and giving cinematic video experience, yet it is not that convenient as streaming videos to play whenever you want. Don't worry! You can easily enjoy Blu-ray videos in lossless quality on whichever digital devices if you can rip the Blu-ray disc down.
ALL YOU NEED: An appropriate Blu-ray ripping tool.
In the following minutes, you are going to read through the top 8 Blu-ray ripping software, try to find the most suitable one for your laptop.
Top 1. VideoSolo Blu-ray Ripper - Professional Yet Simple in Ripping Blu-ray
VideoSolo Blu-ray Ripper is an outstanding Blu-ray disc ripper among all the other Blu-ray ripping applications. There are indeed many reasons behind its high rank. It supports to rip 4K Blu-ray without the loss of quality. And it features a host of output profiles, ranging from any popular smartphones to laptops, PS3 game console, and common streaming video types. All video types you need can be satisfied here so that you can conveniently play the Blu-ray video whenever and wherever.
It is known that Blu-ray discs are always encrypted so as to protect its copyright and prevent people from copying them. But backed by its advanced decryption technology, VideoSolo Blu-ray Ripper is able to crack all unprotected or protected Blu-ray discs to help you back up the high-quality movies, such as BD+, AACS, etc. On top of that, its acceleration functions add more charms to itself. You can quickly get the Blu-ray ripped within minutes on Mac or Windows.
• Rip not only physical drive --- DVD/Blu-ray disc but also DVD ISO image in a virtual drive.
• Able to make 3D-related settings and the impressive list of video profiles suitable to any digital devices that should accommodate the needs of every user.
• Support embedding new audio track and subtitles and add clipping, merging and editing features.
• Easy to operate within intuitive interface but meanwhile provide advanced configurations on the setting menu to personalize videos.
• Pretty high conversion speed fueled by AMD APP, NVIDIA GPU, and Intel acceleration.
• Bypass all the copyright protection to enable any Blu-ray ripping activities.
• Available not free though with a trial version.
Handbrake - An Open Source Video Encoding Tool (FREE)
Handbrake is a really powerful video encoding tool available for free use. It can rip Blu-ray discs and convert them into videos of any format working on your mobile phones, PCs, browsers and game console. While it is not designed with a superficial interface and not specified to newbies, it really caters to those who want to dig into making their own customized videos from Blu-ray.
• Support a large number of output formats.
• Full features to use for advanced computer users.
• Support batch conversion and chapter markers.
• Unable to rip copyrighted Blu-ray discs.
• Sophisticated for newbies in many detailed parts.
MakeMKV - Convert Blu-ray While Preserving All Meta Information (Free)
MakeMKV is a one-click solution for converting AACS and BD+ protected Blu-ray discs and ISO counterparts into MKV files as is indicated by its name. It is characterized by preserving all the original video and audio tracks of Blu-ray, but it comes with a drawback of producing too large a video file. You can either choose to preserve all the chapters or delete some from the original files within clicks. Mac, Windows, and Linux are all supported in this program.
• Preserve all the meta information, including the audio type and track language as well as chapters information.
• Decrypt AACS and BD+ protection for free.
• Do not compromise quality.
• Lack of personalization in editing and clipping.
• Output formats are limited such as Blu-ray to MOV, AVI or MP3.
• No decryption outside AACS and BD+ protection.
Top 4. Freemake Video Converter - Quick and Easy to Rip (Free)
Freemake Video Converter enjoys a great popularity thanks to its ease of use. With a slick interface, it provides a good selection of output options, including common video formats for Apple, Android, and other top-notch smartphones as well as for many tablets and game console. Like many other Blu-ray rippers, it offers you to clip out segments of a Blu-ray and make a few small editing selections. But all in all, these features cannot compete with other professional rippers. There is one lethal downside of it, which is automatically adding watermark to the ripped video.
• Convert Blu-ray discs 40+ hours without charging any fee.
• Able to add external subtitles.
• Support small editing, like rotating and adding black rim.
• Enable you to directly upload the ripped Blu-ray to YouTube.
• Integrate the technology of CUDA and DXVA for higher acceleration.
• Limited features compared with a more professional Blu-ray ripping software.
• Watermark the resulting video from the Blu-ray disc.
Top 5. WinX DVD Ripper Platinum - Convert Blu-ray as Fast as You Can Imagine
WinX DVD Ripper Platinum is a deceptively simple DVD ripping tool to backup your Blu-ray contents for later playback. It boasts almost all the boilerplate features that we need to rip a Blu-ray among all the product in the lineup, such as Crop & Expand, trimming, subtitles embedding, audio adjusting. With the help of the integrated CSS decrypter, it is able to bypass the anti-piracy protections which are frequent fixtures on commercial discs and make an exact duplicate copy of the Blu-ray disc. Above all, it earns a spot of our review for its high-speed conversion.
• Convert in a high-speed with NVIDIA CUDA hardware acceleration and Intel's QSV are both supported.
• Work reliably on DRM-protected Blu-ray content and solve the 99 titles and scrambled picture.
• Able to clone Blu-ray to ISO image in high quality.
• Offer a trial version with free 15 days of a full-featured WinX DVD Ripper Platinum.
• Upgrade and post-sale for a licensed version support are sometimes out of reach according to many customers.
• Unable to load some DVDs encrypted by strong systems.
• No decryption outside AACS and BD+ protection.
• Cannot compress larger commercial DVD files to fit onto a smaller-capacity disc unless paying further.
Top 6. Aiseesoft Blu-ray Ripper - A Speedy Ripping Solution with Winning Features
As a standard Blu-ray editor, Aiseesoft Blu-ray Ripper should take pride in its abundant winning features to copy, rip and convert Blu-ray discs. It boasts built-in decrypter for almost all proprietary protection of Blu-ray manufacturers and goes the extra mile in video editing capabilities on its easy-to-use interface. For example, it supports personalizing screen editing by adding color contrast, crop & expand, trimming or adding watermark. 3D configurations can also be activated to add more depths.
• Large buttons and comprehensive Blu-ray ripping tools.
• Strong decryption power to bypass any disc protection.
• High copy speed.
• Exclude producing ISO disc-image files.
• Weak technical support and few program tutorials.
• In some cases, only the main subtitles are loaded into the output result.
Top 7. Leawo Blu-ray Ripper - A Handy Ripping Tool for Protected Blu-ray
Like the above professional Blu-ray ripping solutions, Leawo Blu-ray Ripper has the same full ripping features to copy Blu-ray disc or the Blu-ray folders into any video formats with no quality loss. Powered by its excellent decryption technology, it easily removes common Blu-ray copy protections and region codes that block the copy of the disc. Multiple additional ripping functions are easy in touch, including subtitle and audio tracks selecting, 2D to 3D converting and practical video editing. It is suitable for Windows users while providing a counterpart for Mac users.
• Easy to use in a straightforward program interface.
• Powerful in removing Blu-ray copy protection: AACS, BD+ and the latest MKB, and ripping CSS-DVD discs easily.
• Support queuing up ripping lists and load multiple Blu-ray movies at a time.
• Unable to recognize ISO file (Windows version) or forced subtitles (if there is).
• Lower conversion speed compared with other professional Blu-ray rippers.
• No backup option for keeping original movie quality.
• GPU encoding is restricted to NVIDIA's CUDA only.
Top 8. AinSoft Blu-Ray Ripper - Fast and Sleek
AinSoft Blu-ray Ripper mainly targets those who just want a simple and quick navigation in ripping Blu-ray and DVD. For newbies, it is extremely user-friendly without any extra flashy designs and you will never encounter operation difficulties thanks to its ultra simple interface. But for more advanced users, it is not satisfactory in that it provides meager functionality for video customization. Nor will you content by its lack of supplementary support to the software although you can still contact the company via email. Even so, it is capable to rival against the top ripper in conversion speed.
• Sleek and simple interface for newbies to easily navigate..
• Fast conversion speed almost on par with our top professional ripping products.
• Limited customization and no preview window.
• Minor loss of quality that can be perceived.
• No technical support provided.
Among the long list of the best Blu-ray ripping software above, you can definitely pick the right one for your laptop. Freeware is useful enough if you just want to make a full backup of your favorite Blu-ray movie and do not bother to purchase a ripper for extra ripping features and better resolution. Otherwise, make a professional choice which cannot only suit your high Blu-ray converting demand but also convenient for your operation. We will truly appreciate it if you do find this passage helpful.