Under some circumstance, you will need to compress video files:
1. Some websites or social platforms do not support to upload video files in big size.
2. Have the desire to optimize video for the web page.
3. There is insufficient space on the device to store large video files.
Because many of the video compressors compromise too much video quality when reducing file size, to find a powerful video compressor is not that easy as expected and now we do this complicated job for you. In this list, you can find the best video compressors to reduce video file size easily. Recommended compressors include video converter, online video compressor, and free video compressor.
Tips: Video compression is the process of reducing the number of bits in a video file. In a typical video, its image, audio, and metadata can all be compressed.
Top 1. VideoSolo Video Converter Ultimate – the Most Professional Compressor
VideoSolo Video Converter Ultimate for Windows provides a "Video Compressor" tool which can help you compress video files. You can adjust the compress ratio or the file size directly to compress the video file size. And, it's possible to set the format, resolution and bitrate.
Note: Mac version doesn't have such tool.
There are some special advantages of VideoSolo Video Converter Ultimate:
1. Provide the preview feature to check if the compressed video quality meets your need.
2. Have a great balance in video size and video quality after compression.
3. Support hardware acceleration when compressing the video.
4. Will not collect or analyze user private file like some of the free online video compressors.
You are welcome to download the free trial.
[4 Simple Steps] How to Compress Video with VideoSolo Video Converter Ultimate
This video compressor is really simple to use, it only needs 3 simple steps to finish the target below.
Step 1. Go to "Toolbox" and select the "Video Compressor"
Step 2. Click the "+" icon to add the video file you want to compress.
Step 3. After added the file, you can adjust the compress ratio or the file size. Then click on the "Compress" button to start the process.
Top 2. VideoSmaller — A Bright and Intelligent Compressor
VideoSmaller has an easy-to-use, bright, and beautiful interface. It offers a free method to compress video online. I have uploaded an MKV file on it, and it can compress the file to 50% if I uncheck the "Use low compression level (best quality)". For some of my video files, it can compress to more than 80%. I am satisfied because the video quality is acceptable, and this compressor is so easy to use.
A few minutes after compression is finished, you can download the file with your browser. This site claims that the video you upload will be automatically removed after a few hours to keep the user private safe.
1. Support multiple file formats including MKV, MP4, AVI, MPEG, MOV, etc.
2. Good privacy protection.
1. Support upload video size reaches to 500MB.
2. It can be used on a mobile phone to directly compress the video on your phone. However, I cannot download the video I compress on my iPhone.
3. It can only compress one video at a time.
Top 3. AConvert — Customize Video Settings Easily when Compression
AConvert is also a free online compression tool. It is easy to use because of the simple interface. Unlike VideoSmaller, it can not only import video from your local computer but also online file, google drive, and Dropbox. Video and audio file size can be up to 200M. After I click "Change size, bitrate or frame rate" in Options, it has so many video size, video bitrate and frame rate to choose from. When the conversion is completed, you can save converted files to the local computer, Google Drive or Dropbox too.
1. Change size, bitrate or frame rate easily.
2. Compression ability: you can customize by changing the size, bitrate, etc.
3. Supported 16 output video formats.
1. Max file size is 200MB.
2. Batch conversion is not supported.
Top 4. Clipchamp — Free and Easy-to-use but with Watermark
Clipchamp is an online video converter which has different packages for converting video as well as compressing video size, including Basic (this is free), Business ($14/mo), and Enterprise. For the Basic packages, you can compress unlimited videos per month, but with a watermark. When you click on "Customize settings", you can choose high quality, medium quality, low quality then you can compress the video to different file size. However, the compression ability is not that strong compare to VideoSmaller and AConvert.
1. No limitation on video size.
2. Allow editing (Trim, Crop, etc.) before compression.
3. Features built-in integration with social platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, and Vimeo.
4. The upload speed is extremely fast.
5. Support batch conversion.
1. You need to log in with Google, Facebook account or email to use.
2. It cannot keep the original video format. You can only choose an output format between MP4, WebM, FLV, WMV, and GIF.
3. It has a watermark for the Free package. Moreover, a $14 per month Business package would be expensive for a video converter, which is not that powerful in compression in my view.
According to the above introduction, have you found the best video compressor to reduce the video file size? In our view, VideoSolo Video Converter Ultimate is the most professional and stable one. Alternatively, if you have a better suggestion, please tell us by leaving a comment below! Enjoy!