After your installed VideoSolo EditFUN and ready to start your video editing work, you may need to learn its main panels that you'll use to edit the video. Here, we divided the main interface into 5 parts:
1. Menu Bar; 2. Media Library; 3. Preview Window; 4. Toolbar; 5. Timeline
1. Menu Bar
There are some buttons that helps you manage the media files. They are: "Manage Projects", "Save Project", "Save Project As", "Import video to media library", "Export video and play" and "Screen Recorder".
2. Media Library
In this panel, you can import the media files like video clips, music and pictures to this program. And it also includes the transitions, effects, and other editing features that you can apply in your editing project.
3. Preview Window
Here, you can preview the changes you make to your videos. The following are the introductions of some icons on "Preview Window".
• Set the video size for previewing by choosing from "Fit", "20%", "30%", "200%", 300%.
• Set the video resolution for previewing by choosing from "Smooth", "HD", "Hyper-Lucid". Usually, the lower the definition, the better the smoothness of the previewed video.
• Previous Edit: Click this button, then the cursor in timeline will jump to the front or end of previous clip on any track.
• Next Edit: Click this button, then the cursor in timeline will jump to the front or end of next clip on any track.
• Previous Frame: Click the button, then the cursor in timeline will jump to previous frame.
• Next Frame: Click the button, then the cursor in timeline will jump to next frame.
• More Preview Settings
Project Settings: When we create the new project, we have already set the project size. But if you need to change the project size during the editing, you can click this button to change it again.
Snapshot: Take snapshot in preview window.
• Undo: Click the "Undo" button to cancel the last edit you made to the media file.
• Redo: Click the "Redo" button to restore the last edit you made to the media file.
• Clip: The "Clip" button can help you split the long video/audio file into parts. For more detailed guide, just read on How to Clip Video/Audio Files.
• Delete: The "Delete" button will delete the clips that you selected in timeline.
• Edit: Click on "Edit" button, you'll see 3 windows: "Keyframe", "Effect Template" and "Properties".
#1. The "Keyframe" window is used to edit the keyframe effect, you can learn more from: Detailed Guide - How to Use and Set Keyframe in Your Video.
#2. The "Effect Template" is used to edit the effect that added on the clips. You can get more information when you apply the color, transition, effect, etc. to your video.
#3. Go to "Properties" window, it will show some options. But the options will change, according to the file type in timeline. Now, let's see the "Properties" window of video, audio and image respectively.
Mute the video: Tick the checkbox to mute the audio in video.
Audio Track: Select the audio track.
Speed: Adjust the video playback speed.
Scan Mode: Interlaced scan and progressive scan.
Metadata: The metadata information of the video.
Mute: Tick the checkbox to mute the audio.
Audio Track: Select the audio track.
Speed: Adjust the audio playback speed.
Metadata: The metadata information of the audio.
Metadata: The metadata information of the image.
• Insert/Overwrite Mode
Insert Mode: An insert edit, which "inserts" itself into the timeline and all the clips to the right of the inserted clip are shifted to the right.
Overwrite Mode: An overwrite edit, which replaces whatever it lands on in the timeline.
The Timeline is where you can edit the media files. Now, we will introduce the timeline panel in detail.
The track is where you place the video, audio or image files for editing. The default number of tracks is 4, but you can add it by clicking the "Add Track" button.
Show/Hide: You can choose to show or hide this track.
Mute/No Mute: You can choose to mute the sound in this track.
Please note that the track on "Timeline" are similar to the layer in Photoshop. For the videos/images, the track is overlaid from the top to the down.
For the audio or the video that include audio, the track is superimposed with each other.
• Zoom in/out Timeline
Click the "+" icon to increase the length of the entire contents of the sequence in the timeline.
Click "-" icon to decrease the length of the entire contents of the sequence in the timeline.
Or, you can directly drag the "Cursor" icon to zoom in/zoom out the timeline.
• The suitable range of timeline
Click the icon shown in the picture below to fit the entire contents of the track into the timeline size.
• Locate the Cursor
Quick locate the cursor and find the cursor on the timeline.
If you enable the "Absorb" feature, the icon will be blue, which means the clip can be absorbed to the cursor when you move the clip to the position that next to the cursor.
If you disable the "Absorb" feature, the icon will be gray.
Now, we have introduced the whole interface of VideoSolo EditFUN. If you still have confusing problem, contact the support team via [email protected].
Or you can go back to the user guide page to explore more guide.