Screen recording plays a significant role in people's work and life as it can create innovative desktop tutorials, educational lectures, how-to guides, and gameplay videos. You probably wanted to find a free screen recorder at the beginning but found the resulted video has annoyingly watermark. That will make the video almost useless. In this article, we have listed the top three free screen recorders without watermark. Hope it can help avoid encountering such a problem.
Top 1. OBS Studio – The Most Famous Open Source Screen Recorder
When talking about free screen recorders, OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) Studio might be the most famous one. Since it is an open-source program, it is totally free without any watermark. Many Twitch streamers and YouTubers use it to record what's on their screen or live stream it to their audience.
As a powerful provider of desktop recording and live streaming services, OBS helps users to enrich, convert and produce multimedia content on Windows, Mac or Linux. It is well designed to grab webcam and desktop footage along with system sound and Microphone audio with ease. In addition, it is easy to get a screen layout you like in OBS. For example, many YouTubers want to have the game image and the game audio stream at the background and then have their webcam capturing their face, which can be displayed in a smaller box in the corner. This can be set up in seconds.
• The full recording features together with live streaming functions for free use.
• Create unlimited scenes and easy to switch to keep privacy.
• Totally restriction-free and no watermark.
• Great selections of source options.
• Excellent video and audio editing supported.
• Too complicated for newbies to use.
• Meager assistance and guidance.
Top 2. iSpring Free Cam – An All-in-one Windows Desktop Recorder
iSpring Free Cam now renamed Free Cam. It is a free tool for easily creating screencasts and editing recorded videos. There are no watermark or time limits. It incorporates various region modes, including capturing the entire screen and an active window, which is convenient for capturing a specific running program. Yet, it is a pity that it does not include webcam grabbing. It also offers a built-in video editor which empowers you to remove background noise, trim the unnecessary ends as well as polish your video.
• 100% of the features for free.
• No time limit and no watermark.
• The Highlight of the mouse pointer and mouse sound.
• A surprisingly large amount of video and audio editing capabilities to fine-tuned recorded screencasts.
• The output of HD and FHD format.
• One-click upload to YouTube.
• Doesn't favor Mac users.
• Excluding webcam recording.
• Excluding webcam recording.
• Text adding features unavailable.
• Export only as WMV.
Top 3. Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder – Best Online Recording Tool
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder is the best free screen recorder available without any watermark. If it's the first time using it, you will need to install a launcher. After that, you can click "Start Recording" to activate this online recorder. Apart from being an online recording tool, it is also developed into a standalone program for Mac and Windows users to download. But please note that the standalone app is not free.
Apowersoft Free Online Screen Recorder has an intuitive interface. You are free to insert webcam onto your recording screen along with system sound and/or microphone sound. Fullscreen or a customized recording region is available and depends on your content.
• Free Website-based screen recorder available, no limit in length of the recording.
• Simple interface for users to operate
• Real-time stickers and text implementation during recording for capturing your own reactions.
• Simple clip-trimming after recording.
• It can't record audio-only.
[Special Recommendation] A Paid Screen Recorder that is Professional and Easy to Use
VideoSolo Screen Recorder stands out as the best desktop screen recorder with full recording features. With it, you are allowed to produce watermark-free screen and webcam recording, which can not only include the sound of your PC but also your own voice through Microphone. You can record audio-only.
You can freely choose area selection modes, including selecting a certain active window and following your mouse. Text, annotations, callouts adding is supported together with screenshots during capturing. Meanwhile, you can also schedule a recording task ahead of time to automate starts and shutdowns. Besides video recorder, it can separately act as a webcam recorder, audio recorder as well as a screenshot tool. It offers different interfaces for Mac and Windows users, yet their features are almost the same.
VideoSolo Screen Recorder user guide: [5-Step Guide] How to Record Computer Screen on Windows & Mac
• Sleek interface for ease of use.
• Rich and detailed tutorial.
• Scheduled tasks available.
• Annotation adding, cursor highlighting, and screenshots during recording.
• Output as many popular video formats of high quality, such as MP4, WMV, MOV, AVI, TS, etc.
• The free version has a time limit that restricts each clip of fewer than 3 minutes. (Pro version can tackle this problem.)
Hope the pros and cons of watermark-free screen recorders listed above can really help you find the one you love and make your recording more convenient and efficient. The first three are totally free without watermark. The last one is paid but it is professional and easy to use so we highly recommended it. If you want to supplement the list and make some suggestions, feel free to contact us via email or comment below.