How do I play a Blu-ray disc on my MacBook Pro? - From Quora
With a retina display, Apple's MacBook Pro is good for watching HD Blu-ray movies. However, MacBook doesn't read Blu-ray disc. Not to mention, Most of the MacBook Pro/MacBook Air doesn't have the build-in drive.
So, if you want to watch Blu-ray on MacBook Pro, one method is to get an external Blu-ray drive and a Blu-ray player software on your Mac. Keep reading to know how to do that.
There's another way that would allow you to play the Blu-ray movie without needing a Blu-ray drive every time when you want to watch Blu-ray on Mac. That's to rip the Blu-ray disc to MP4. But here, we will not focus on it.
Recommend for You - Best Mac Blu-ray Player
1. VLC is the first option that comes into my mind. And we also wrote how to play Blu-ray with VLC before. But, the process is complex for some user.
2.VideoSolo Blu-ray Player is high recommended here, since it's a professional Blu-ray player. This powerful player can not only play Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray folder, Blu-ray ISO files on your MacBook Pro directly but also can be used as a Mac video player for playing common SD/HD/DVD videos on MacBook. By using this Blu-ray player, you can get a lossless sound effect as well as HD image quality. VideoSolo Blu-ray Player is compatible with any Mac computer including MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac mini, and iMac.
Guide on How to Play Blu-ray Disc on MacBook Pro
Step 1. Connect the BD drive to your MacBook Pro
Note: Make sure you are connected with Internet.
Connect the Blu-ray drive to your MacBook Pro with the USB cable. Insert the Blu-ray disc into the BD drive.
Step 2. Download and Install VideoSolo Blu-ray Player
Download VideoSolo Blu-ray player for Mac and install it on your MacBook Pro. Once you finished the installation, launch it and click on "Open Disc" button to load Blu-ray movie.
Step 3. Start to Play Blu-ray on MacBook Pro
Wait a second, the main menu will pop out. Here, you can choose the chapter, audio tracks and subtitles you like. If is not necessary, you can directly click "Play Movie" button to watch the Blu-ray movie.
Tips: It supports to take screenshot with one click. Simply find the "camera" button from the bottom of the interface, click it to get the image you want.
Now you can enjoy your Blu-ray movies on your MacBook Pro with the best Blu-ray player for mac freely. Get your Blu-ray discs and start watching on your MacBook.
Extended Reading: The Best Blu-ray Drive for MacBook Pro
To get the Blu-ray playback on MacBook Pro, a Blu-ray Drive is necessary. There are amount of Blu-ray drive available on current market. And they'll works with the Mac computer without any problem. If you don't know how to choose a good Blu-ray drive for Mac, you can check the recommendation below and take them in consideration.
ASUS BW-12D1S-U Lite
• Have excellent security standard with encoded file name functionality and password control.
• Come with Power Backup professional data backup software.
• Can burn Blu-ray discs at 12X.
• Compatible with both Windows and Mac computers.
• Really slim at just twelve point seven millimeters.
• Can read and write quad, triple and dual-layer Blu-ray discs.
Sea Tech Aluminum
• Can write and read a wide range of disc types including Blu-ray, DVD and CD.
• Support the BDXL format
• Compatible with both PC and Mac
• Allow you to play Blu-ray discs smoothly
• Support BDXL format to write Blu-ray discs
• Support almost any operating system
• Compatible with BDXL format and can burn and read CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
• Supports all the popular operating systems.
• USB 3.0 and 2.0 interfaces with a buffer size of 4 megabytes.