Sometimes, you may want to save an audio on web browsers like Chrome, Safari or other browsers on computer. It might be an attractive background music, an audiobook that can't downloaded or some other audio files.
Recording audio on Chrome is not a difficult task as long as you get a Chrome audio recorder. Next, we will show you how to use an audio recorder for Chrome to grab audio from web page.
Get A Chrome Audio Recorder to Record Audio on Chrome
What if I told you there is a program that can record all the audio from the browser in almost lossless sound quality, and the format of the audio is optional? Well, recently I tried using the recorder to record an audiobook on Chrome. It works fairly well than the other recorders I used before. It's called VideoSolo Screen Recorder. From its name, we know it can record the computer screen. Actually, it can also record audio only. Whatever sound that coming out from the computer can be recorded, including the browser audio of course. In this article, I will teach how to record audio from the browser with this program.
Step 1. Enable the "Audio Recorder" Option for Recording Audio
Run the program. Select "Audio Recorder" because we just need to record audio with no picture.
Step 2. Adjust the System Sound and Output Settings
• Adjust the system sound. You can adjust it in your operating system, or you can slide the slide bar directly in VideoSolo Screen Recorder. While your adjusting, you can play a video to feel whether the recording volume is appropriate.
• If you only want to record the web browser sound, do not want to record the sound of yourself and the external environment, you must remember to turn off the button of "Microphone".
• The default audio recording format is MP3. MP3 is a very common audio format but if you want to change, you can click on "More settings - Output". There are WMA, M4A and AAC format optional. The default quality is "High", you can adjust to a higher quality according to your requirements. This software offers a lossless option that gives you the perfect browser audio recording experience.
Step 3. Press "REC" and Mark Down the Hotkey if You Hide the Float Bar
• Press "REC". A pop-up box will remind you that you can use hotkeys to control the record. Better be warned that you can mark down on a note or something. If you have previously set hide float bar while recording and forgot the hotkey, don't worry. You can still find the program in the system's taskbar. Double-click the icon, or right-click it to show the main interface, the bar will come out again.
• Click "OK" in the pop-up box and the record will start in three seconds. Then start playing the browser audio you want to record. The volume is adjustable during recording.
Step 4. Trim and Save the Audio
After you finishing the recording, you can trim the recording according to your need and then save it to your computer. Now you can conveniently listen to your browser's audio recordings on your Mac/Windows computer.
Don't you think utilize this program to record browser audio is very convenient?It's simple to use but the function is very powerful, that's what a good browser audio recording program should be like. As for how to record video with it, you can learn through Desktop Recorder:How to Record Computer Desktop on Windows/Mac.
Use the Extension to Capture Audio on Chrome
If you don't want to download a software, then the Chrome extension - Chrome Audio Capture can help you. The official introduction said that it can capture any audio playing on the current tab. Better still, multiple tabs can be captured simultaneously. Also, you have the option which can mute tabs that are currently being captured. The audio will be saved as either MP3 or WAV audio files. However, you can't record segments longer than 20min with this Chrome Audio Capture. When you capture over 20 mins, the file could be silent during playback.
Step 1. Go to Chrome Web Store and search "Chrome Audio Capture".
Step 2. Click "Add to Chrome" to install this extension on your Chrome.
Step 3. Find and click this extension in the upper right corner of Chrome.
Step 4. Click the "Start Capture" button to start recording your Chrome's sound.
Step 5. When finishing recording, click "Save Capture" to save the recording audio into your computer.