There are many occasions when you have to record computer microphone. For example, to improve your second language, it is a good way to record your spoken language and playback to identify problems. Or when preparing a speech or presentation, recording your voice on computer with microphone can really help you quickly improve your performance and raise confidence. But how can you do that? Well, follow this guide and you will quickly learn how to record your voice on Windows 10 and on Mac with microphone.
Before digging into microphone recording tools, you should make sure there is at least one internal microphone within your laptop. Otherwise, go and get an external one and plug it into the specific jack on your computer. Please make sure your microphone has been activated in your computer.
A Professional Audio Recorder - Grab Your Voice in High Quality
You may have heard about what is so-called "professional recorder", but after trying some of them, it usually turns out to be very disappointing for being difficult to use or whatever. But VideoSolo Screen Recorder, as a top-notch recorder in the market, won't let you down if you have a try. Although by its name, you will spontaneously regard it exceptionally as a screen recorder, it is actually a multifunctional recorder, including the feature of recording audio through both microphone and system sound card.
It is professional in that it supports recording voice on the laptop with Microphone and outputs audio in high quality, ranging from "Lowest" to "Lossless". Its supported formats include all the common ones, such as WMA, MP3, M4A, and AAC. On top of that, it can also add accompaniment to your voice so as to make your audio more charming. On its simple interface, you can make your own audio within seconds.
In the following minutes, I will guide you through how to record voice on Windows 10 with microphone.
Note: VideoSolo Screen Recorder cannot make it to record microphone on Mac due to protection issues.
Step 1. Launch the Application After Installation
After downloading the program from the above button, you should install it by making several clicks according to instruction. Launch it after all is set and it appears like this.
Step 2. Open "Audio Recorder" and Toggle on Microphone
On its main interface, press "Audio Recorder" to create an audio file. You should first toggle on the microphone by clicking the second button and move the sliders below to adjust sound volume.
If you want to record system sound from output devices while recording microphone, you can press the first button and turn it green so that your Windows can capture sound sources at the same time.
Step 3. Preset Audio Settings
Prior to starting recording, you are supposed to make your audio configurations by clicking on "More settings" besides the gear-shaped icon. Slide down to the output field where you can choose which audio format and quality to your desire. Save your settings by pressing "OK".
Step 4. Initiate Audio Recording and Save It
Once fully prepared, go ahead with "REC" and start recording your voice with microphone on Windows. When you complete your speech, just press the Stop icon on the top left corner to end recording. Then save it to a specific computer location after preview.
Now, you can enjoy your recorded audio file easily on the location where you have placed it.
Windows Built-in Voice Recorder - Record Sound Quickly
But for some people, standalone applications are not so convenient as a built-in program on Windows. In this case, you'd better try this Voice Recorder which is bundled with Windows 10. It is convenient and useful at hand.
1. It is very easy to locate it from Windows 10. Just type "Voice Recorder" in the search box on the bottom left corner.
2. It appears a big microphone icon for you to start recording. Go ahead with a click on it and you can start speaking through microphone.
3. Under the middle Stop button, there are two small ones. The left is to control pause and resume if you want to have a break during recording, while the right flag-like icon is responsible for adding labels to your recording content so as to help you mark some important places.
4. Click the Stop icon in the center of the screen if you have completed. It is automatically saved on the recording list with its birth date and time under it.
It is very quick to record your voice with microphone on Windows with this method. Yet, it is a pity that these recorded files are not as high-quality as those made by professional audio recorders.
QuickTime - Create An Audio File of Your Voice on Mac
The above two methods are specific for Windows users, so here comes Mac microphone audio recorder--- QuickTime . Like Voice Recorder, QuickTime is also a built-in program in Mac, so every Mac holders can try it very conveniently. It is a multimedia technology handling not only audio, but also video, animation, music and more. With it, you can quickly record your voice through microphone on Mac.
1. To use it, open the application folder on Mac and search its full name. Click its icon to activate it.
2. Go to "File" > "New Audio Recording" on its intuitive interface.
3. Then, it appears like this. Drop down the down arrow beside the recording button on the center. You can make your selections on sound input (microphone) and quality settings. Drag the slider to adjust the volume on the bottom.
4. After all is ready, press the red Record button to initiate recording. And finally, click the same button to end recording.
5. Click "File" > "Save" to save it to your hard drive.
To record voice on a laptop with microphone, you actually have many choices. But do choose the most convenient and efficient one. If you care more about voice quality, VideoSolo Screen Recorder can be your priority.