Xbox One was developed by Microsoft, which is a home video game console. Therefore, you can enjoy playing games at home with a controller and a Kinect sensor. Besides, Xbox One also supports video/DVD playback. All these years, its features like smaller size and its on-screen visual improvement get into people's mind. It is not hard to guess what makes you one of them. As you are a long-serving user of it, you may run into the trouble like Xbox One won't read DVD discs. And if you want, you can learn how to quickly fix it by yourself. So please keeping reading this article and you will know.
How to Fix Xbox One Won't Read DVD Disc
There are two main reasons why the malfunction will come up, one is the problems which cause by DVD disc, another is the console. Thus, when you have no idea which one goes wrong, you need to do the one-by-one eliminating check.
Errors with DVD Disc
1. Dirt. It is possible that you place your DVD discs casually on the desk or somewhere, and the dirt in the air would just land on them. Gradually, the dust gets thicker in the surface and prevents you from playing DVD discs in Xbox One. So you should make it as a habit that you wipe the discs to clean the dirt before playing. When it is still not working, try the DVD discs in another Xbox. Then you can diagnose the problems.
2. Scratches. The DVD discs can be so vulnerable sometimes and easily get some scratches on them. To fix these, you can try some software apps to recover the data. Optionally, you can try toothpaste. As you may find this result from the Internet with the title like "How to fix a scratched disc". What's more, polish and Vaseline are also recommended.
3. Faulty Laser. It is the most common problem for DVD discs, so what you need to do is to replace a new one just in time.
4. Other Tests. You should make sure whether the Blu-ray player app is installed successfully. In addition, you need to double check the supported regions of DVD or Blu-ray Disc, or they won't be identified by the console.
Errors with Xbox One
1. Foreign Objects. If it is nothing wrong with your DVD discs, try to shake your Xbox One. If you can hear some weird sound coming from it, it indicates that some foreign objects might be inside. Alright, get them out.
2. Failure of Underlying Components. The Xbox One is consist of gears, screws, and rollers and so forth. Thus, if one of them goes wrong, your DVD disc is impossible to be played.
How to Rip DVD Discs
Avoiding from getting troubles with the DVD discs, it would be a good idea for you to digitalize them in advance. Here I will tell you the way to rip DVD discs of videos or games.
Preparation: VideoSolo DVD Ripper
First and foremost, you should know exactly what formats Xbox One supports. The details are showed as below: Supported Video Formats: 3GP, ASF, AVI DivX, DV AVI, AVI Xvid, H.264 AVCHD, MKV, MOV, MPEG-2, MPEG-2 TS, H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-4 SP, WMV HD Supported Audio Formats: AAC, ADTS, MPP3, WAV, WMA.
Step 1. Load a DVD to the Ripper
To begin with, insert your video game or movie DVDs into the DVD-ROM of your computer. Then Click "Load Disc" in the top left to select the file and press "OK" to load it.
Step 2. Choose an Output Format
Here you just need to choose one of the device profile in the category, for example, you click "Apple Device" when you want the DVD files finally work on your iPhone or the other iPhone products. In other words, it all depends on you. So just choose the right one for your device.
Step 3. Select a Destination Folder
Go to "Destination Folder" in the bottom left and here you are free to choose the destination you want to place the done file.
Step 4. Start Ripping DVD Discs
Click "Convert" button and the ripper will start ripping your DVD files to the format you've set. The converting time will depends on the length or size of your file.
Rip DVD Discs is done here. It is never too difficult to learn. And I am sure once you have learned how to rip one DVD disc, you will rip more. Because it will become super handy to play movies or video games with your device right after then.
I hope you learn the quick fix to solve your Xbox One won't read DVD discs problems. Nearly all the possibilities are listed in the first part. Moreover, I hope you master the way of ripping DVD discs to your devices with the free VideoSolo DVD Ripper. After all, DVD discs could be troublesome sometimes. Last but not least, wish you have a good time with your Xbox One.