In what circumstances do you need to convert BDMV to MKV or MP4? If you like watching Blu-ray movies, you may be familiar with BDMV files. BDMV file contains the information of an associated Blu-ray disc such as the name of the Blu-ray movie, the audio data, the movie object, or sometimes called a Blu-ray disc movie Information file. It also holds the actual multimedia files itself, as m2ts video format.
However, you will find it difficult to play BDMV folder or m2ts videos on common media players, inconvenience to storage the huge BDMV folder up to nearly 40GB, difficult to stream BDMV to other portable devices, or hard to play BDMV files under DRM protection, etc. So, it is a good idea to convert BDMV to MKV/MP4 for easily solving the above problem.
With this purpose, we'd like to share an easy way to convert BDMV to MKV or MP4 with high quality. Also, as an extra, you can play BDMV files on your Windows (7/8/10) or Mac (including High Sierra) directly without any conversion.
Convert BDMV to MKV or Convert BDMV to MP4
First off, there are mainly three reasons that people want to convert BDMV file to MP4 or MKV:
The operations are easy, but there are some details to notice here:
1. Blu-ray video can bring you high definition image, so the BDMV file is normally in huge size, which affects you to share amazing movies to your friends or store them on your computer. If you convert BDMV file to MKV or MP4 with an H.264/H.265 encoding, it can compress the video to a smaller size, so you can store more Blu-ray movies on your computer and more convenience to transfer.
2. Many of the media players cannot play BDMV files. You cannot play BDMV files on your portable devices, such as iPhone or Android phone. Worse, you're even limited to play BDMV files on the popular computer media players, such as Windows Media Player, iTunes, and QuickTime. To solve the compatibility problem, we need to convert BDMV files to MP4 as MP4 is a universal media format that can be played on most of the popular media players and portable devices.
3. Most BDMV files are in copyright protection, you cannot directly play the M2TS file in it because the voice and image might garble. You will need to convert BDMV to MKV, MP4 or other formats.
When wavering between convert BDMV to MKV or convert BDMV to MP4, you can choose base on this detail articles: Which Video Format is Better? MKV or MP4. Basically speaking, MP4 has better compatibility than MKV, and MKV can encapsulate multiple subtitle tracks.
How to Convert BDMV to MKV/MP4 on Windows or Mac
To convert BDMV to MKV or MP4, you definitely need a BDMV converter. Here I recommend VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper. It works well with BDMV folder from AVCHD camera recorder and Blu-ray movies. In addition, to convert BDMV to MKV/MP4, this software is able to convert copy-protected BDMV to 300+ video formats which include AVI, MOV, WMV, FLV, etc. Better yet, you can directly convert BDMV to optimized video for playback on iPad, iPhone, Android phone, etc.
Which Kind of BDMV is VideoSolo BD-DVD-Ripper Support?
BDMV is a kind of information file, i.e. Blu-ray Disc Movie Information Files. It's contained in BDMV format, which is a modified format of MPEG-2 stream. The surely-supported BDMV files are as follows:
* AVCHD folders (BDMV and CERTIFICATE) with mts/m2ts file extension from HD camcorders.
* Blu-ray movie with BDMV & CERTIFICATE folder. In this folder, there is a Stream subfolder, which contains an MTS file inside.
* Blu-ray/DVD movie with a BDMV folder structure, and in this folder there are files with .m2ts extension.
Convert BDMV to MKV/MP4 with VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper
Step 1. Download and Launch BDMV to MKV/MP4 Converter
Click the download button to download the BDMV file converter on your Windows or Mac computer. Then, double-click to install it, open this BDMV to MKV/MP4 converter after installation.
Step 2. Add BDMV (MTS/M2TS) Files
Click "Add File" to add the whole BDMV folder into the program.
Step 3. Choose MKV or MP4 as the Output Format
Choose "MKV" or "MP4" as the output format from "Profile" > "General Video". We suggest converting BDMV to H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video (*.mp4) because this will basically playable on any devices.
Quick Tips: You can also choose an output format directly from your device model profile.
Step 4. Start Converting BDMV to MKV or MP4
Click the "Convert" button to start BDMV to MKV/MP4 conversion. When the process is complete, click "Open Folder" on the main interface to find the converted files.
With the best BDMV to MKV/MP4 converter, you can easily convert BDMV to MKV or convert BDMV to MP4 for enjoying on multiple devices. This is the two most popular formats for converting BDMV. Hope you enjoy your MP4/MKV Blu-ray movie with VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper!
Note: VideoSolo BD-DVD Ripper is also a DVD to digital converter, you can convert your DVD to MP4/MKV too.