[Resolved]Can I Play Blu-ray Movie on MacBook Pro?
Mac users who prefer physical media might be often play the DVD, Blu-ray movie disc on their MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, etc. It's easy to open DVD disc on Mac as long as you have a DVD drive. But things will different if you want to play Blu-ray disc on MacBook Pro/MacBook Air, as Mac doesn't have the permission to decode the Blu-ray disc.
Usually, the build-in drive that comes with a computer can only read DVD. IN ADDITION, now most of the MacBook Pro/MacBook Air are not equipped with a drive.
To sum up, a Blu-ray drive and a Blu-ray player software for Mac is needed for watching Blu-ray Movie on MacBook Pro. Next, we will introduce you the easiest way to play Blu-ray movie disc on MacBook Pro.
You May Also Interested:
Recommend - Best Mac Blu-ray Player for Computer
（1） VLC is the first option that comes into my mind. And we also wrote how to play Blu-ray with VLC before. But, the process is complex for some user.
（2） VideoSolo Blu-ray Player is high recommended here, since it's more professional than VLC. It can not only play Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray folder, Blu-ray ISO files on your MacBook Pro directly but also can be used as a Mac video player for playing common SD/HD/DVD videos on MacBook. By using this Blu-ray player, you can get a lossless sound effect as well as HD image quality. VideoSolo Blu-ray Player is compatible with any Mac computer including MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, Mac mini, and iMac.
Steps to Play Blu-ray Movie on MacBook Pro/MacBook Air
# Step 1. Connect the BD drive to your MacBook Pro
Prepare a Blu-ray drive and connect the BD drive to your MacBook Pro with the USB cable. Then, insert your Blu-ray movie disc into the drive.
# Step 2. Read Blu-ray Disc and Load It
Note: Make sure you are connected with Internet well.
Launch the VideoSolo Blu-ray Player and then click on the "Open Disc" button on the main interface to load the Blu-ray on your MacBook Pro.
# Step 3. Start to Play Blu-ray on MacBook Pro
Wait a second, the main menu will pop out. Here, you can choose the chapter, audio tracks and subtitles you like. If is not necessary, you can directly click "Play Movie" button to watch the Blu-ray movie directly.
With only 3 steps, you can enjoy your Blu-ray movies on your MacBook Pro with the best Blu-ray player for Mac. And, you can also play Blu-ray on MacBook Air, iMac, etc. via this method. Now take your Blu-ray discs and start watching on your MacBook.
Extended Reading - Pick A Cost-effective Blu-ray Drive for You Mac
To get the Blu-ray playback on MacBook Pro, a Blu-ray Drive is necessary. There are amount of Blu-ray drive available on current market. And they'll works with the Mac computer without any problem. If you don't know how to choose a good Blu-ray drive for Mac, you can check the recommendation below and take them in consideration.
# ASUS BW-12D1S-U Lite
• Have excellent security standard with encoded file name functionality and password control.
• Come with Power Backup professional data backup software.
• Can burn Blu-ray discs at 12X.
# Samsung SE-506CB/RSBD
• Compatible with both Windows and Mac computers.
• Really slim at just twelve point seven millimeters.
• Can read and write quad, triple and dual-layer Blu-ray discs.
# Sea Tech Aluminum
• Can write and read a wide range of disc types including Blu-ray, DVD and CD.
• Support the BDXL format.
• Compatible with both PC and Mac.
# LG BP50NB40
• Allow you to play Blu-ray discs smoothly.
• Support BDXL format to write Blu-ray discs.
• Support almost any operating system.
# Pioneer BDR-XS06
• Compatible with BDXL format and can burn and read CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs.
• Supports all the popular operating systems.
• USB 3.0 and 2.0 interfaces with a buffer size of 4 megabytes.